Until Next Time... | A "longer" June 2022 Update

It's time to wrap the NS3U finale once and for all. I'm going to warn you in advance that my approach to this will be controversial, at least for the twenty people who are still watching. Keep it locked to the Smashing XIII channel for the drop.

Now, as the title of this post suggests, and to add context to my last upload, I will be taking a walk...from Google and its bullcrap! After 12 years on YouTube and numerous content refreshes with nothing to show for it, it's time for a change.

I'm not going to lie, it's been frustrating. I peaked in 2017-2018, when I was making embarrassing Nintendo fanfiction and shitposts. All the while, the content that I actually put effort into - from Reycralibur to We Are All Deviants - was routinely ignored outside the Smash Bros machinima community. 

NS3U has dragged on for too long, I hate what the story has become, and I've lost all passion for it. But, the content I want to make instead has proven to be "incompatible" with YouTube, and it's "user base". If I want another fifteen minutes of fame, I have to "Switch" over to Super Smash Bros Ultimate and make more uninspired Nintendo-related crap. Except, I really don't give a shit about that any more. I'm at a point in my life where it's not worth the trouble to keep pleasing people.

Besides, I have no loyalty to conglomerates that treats its users like rubbish while its products become more and more terrible. I refuse to change my content in service to a so-called "algorithm" that recommends generic crap I hate, while marginalizing the expressive, creative works that used to be the backbone of this website. In other words, I've had all that I can stand of YouTube & Google.

So, this Summer, Speedy149 is going on a digital holiday to VidLii: a quiet, empty void where I'm free to experiment with new formats and content without the pressure of having to please an audience. The viewership is just as terrible, so it's not like I'm missing much. I'm also trying non-machinima shit on other platforms as I'm typing this; if you know where to look, you just might find me.

I'll still be uploading crap to YouTube, just not as often as I used to. Again, stay glued to the Smashing XIII channel.

Popular Posts