Where my head has been at | April 2022 Update

To be transparent with you: I tried to multitask during the production of Black Out and the next NS3U release a few months ago, but I was (predictably) more motivated to finish the former than the latter. As I've teased earlier this month, the next release is coming on April 22...after months of procrastination. I know I've been keeping (about twelve, give or take six) people waiting for more of the NS3U finale, but bare with me. 

I've also been keeping people waiting for Super Smash Bros Ultimate machinima. That's going to be an issue now that I know I can't use Nintendo Switch mods. Turns out, there was some extra research I had to do before I blew hundreds of dollars on a new console and modding equipment that I can't use with it. That pretty much killed all the motivation I had to make any kind of SSBU machinima. I don't mind sticking with Super Smash Bros for Wii U to work on "We Are All Deviants", and keeping the Switch around just to play first-party Nintendo games until something new develops on the modding scene.

The truth is that I've wanted to quit making Nintendo fanon crap for the longest time (ie. NS3U and Smash Sisters), and focus on more OC/AU works (ie. We Are All Deviants). My next Nintendo-related side project could very well be my last. One of the unofficial mascots of my YouTube channel is celebrating her debut anniversary this month, and I might be able to scratch something up to honour the occasion next week. I'm sorry to say that the possibility to work on such a project has made me even less motivated to finish NS3U.

Now, I'm not cancelling NS3U. I will finish work on the NS3U finale in its current "broken" format. Little-by-little, scene-by-scene, segment-by-segment; as much as I can until the final credit roll. As far as the future of this channel, however, that chapter is done and buried after I finish the next NS3U release and the aforementioned "anniversary video" this month.

I'll be going back to my regularly scheduled burn out now.

Popular Posts