There's Always Next Year - Year End Wrap Up

I've had better years; particularly the year when I returned to Smash Bros machinima and scored thousands of views and a reaction video to that mini-series. Maybe I should go back to doing more videos like that?

This year was (supposed to be) about quality over quantity, in-tandem with my usual monthly schedule. Since April, I've released: 5 NS3U segments; 5 music videos, including The Final Stages trailer; The Reycralibur Requiem Project; and an Abridged Knights of Brawl marathon with commentary. The only shitposts I've made this year was a reaction video and the tattered remains of what would have been Shoopa Smash 6. Everything else was banished to purgatory, aka my new secondary channel, along with Reycralibur and TAKOB. Not too bad, considering how much hot air I blow on this blog in-regards to what I'm going to do and what's going to happen in the future versus what I've actually done and what ends up happening.

I'm tied up in various collaborations at the moment, or at least I would be if I wasn't enjoying a much-needed break from filming and editing my own projects. Once I've taken care of those, I'm dedicating the rest of 2021 to wrapping up New Super Smash Sisters for Wii U: NS3U. There are still two more segments left in Stage 7 before we move on to the eighth and final Stage, the big finale to Smash Sisters: The Series. As I've been saying all year, NS3U will be my final long-form machinima series. I want to do more music videos, skits, and "GMOD-esque" films, the latter of which I haven't done in a some time, but I don't intend for these projects to star anyone other than the women of Smash...and "The Deviants".

That brings me to "We Are All Deviants", which I can now reveal is the working title for a new machinima meta-series that I'll be working on next year. As a meta-series, Deviants (working title) will encompass the newly-released "We Are Wolves" music video and future videos that share a similar theme and reoccurring characters. As I've said before, Deviants (working title) will have nothing to do with Smash Sisters: The Series, but that will cause some confusion for longtime NS3U viewers since its uses much of the same assets and shares similar story beats. The primary difference you need to know is that WAAD (working title) is all original, with no connection whatsoever to anything Nintendo-related. That means no Daisy, no Nana, no Midna, and no Ashley; hence why I had to disown the preceding "TAKE. ME. NOW." music video as "non-canon".

Oh, well. If it could happen to the DC Extended and the Dark Universes... 

I'll reveal more about the meta-series in the future as I continue to build the "Deviantverse" (I am definitely not calling it that!) while the Great Mission / NS3U storyline comes to its final end. Just know that there's no ongoing storyline, no serialized plot, and no road map. 

I would type some heartfelt message about 2020 and what to look forward to in 2021, but you people kept complaining about this year, so fuck you. I'm going back to bed.

Happy Present Day to me and to me a very good night.

Popular Posts