END OF REYCRALIBUR: THE MOVIE - Script / Outline for the Reycralibur Finale (The Reycralibur Requiem Project)

And so, it comes to this. 

Now that you know the basic story behind my so-called magnum opus, I can reveal how said opus' story ends. I never actually wrote a script for any machinima project prior to Super Smash Sisters, but I did write this. This was all that remains from my original attempt at this Requiem project; a script for what would have been the fourteenth and final episode of the series before I lost all the necessary files. 

At my non-existant skill level, it would be impossible for me to do a Brawl machinima that did the series any justice. The modding scene in Smash 4 is too underdeveloped for me to try and hack it there either, and don't even get me started on why I haven't even done an Ultimate machinima yet

The whole reason I've done this was because I knew it would be unlikely for me give the series a proper sendoff with a machinima, in-part because I have other projects and I'll be retiring from long-form, machnima series. I couldn't bring myself to forget about Reycralibur because it defined my early years in the machinima community. So, I decided to pay tribute to this "wonderful" project of mine as best as I can. I only regret that I didn't do this sooner.

Anyways, be sure you've watched both seasons before reading the following, and thank you for indulding me as I put the "Legend of the Miracle Beam" to bed.

===========

Alex, flashback: “Meet me at the base of the mountain with Reycralibur, or all your friends die.”

 

Mt Aine/Yoshi’s Island; Neo meets with Alexander.

 

Neo: Well, here I am.

 

Alex: Yes…

 

Neo: How did you find us? How did you even get here?

 

Alex: All my battalion soldiers are embedded with a tracking device, Rex still had his. In all the chaos back at Clairfield, I snuck away on my private jet and tracked you down to this location. When I saw your ship, one of MY ships, I couldn’t resist popping in to greet you. Instead, I found those two rejects.

 

Neo: If you’ve hurt them…, If you’ve hurt any of my friends, I swear-!

 

Alex: Hush, boy! Your friends are alive, at least the ones on the ship and in my dungeon are. Though I received word that a young psychic boy had to be…put down.

 

*Neo transforms charges in, but is cut off by Metal Man and a Battalion soldier. Aile and Skyru arrives, they attack both of them. Athena appears behind Neo*

 

Alex: At last, the mediums have arrived. I hope you’ve grasped the consequences of your actions up until this point.

 

Athena: Grasp this! *Fires blast; Alex dodges it*

 

Neo: Girls, Ridi and Rex are in trouble, head to the ship!

 

Skyru: But what about you?

 

Neo: Let me handle Alexander and his goons! l’m about to see what Reycralibur can really do!

 

Aile: After all these years, you’d better!

 

Skyru: You just couldn’t help yourself, could you?

 

*Girls leave stage*

 

Neo: Bring it!

 

Battle: Link vs Metal Mario and Polygon Mario

 

Alexander: Incredible!

 

Skyscratcher/Race to the Finish; Skyru, Aile, and Athena finds Rex and Ridi

 

Skyru: Oh my god, Ridi!

 

Athena: The fox is OK, but the dinosaur is in critical condition.

 

Aile: Please tell me we have first aid on board!

 

Skyru: We do, and good thing too. We can keep them patched up until we reach the nearest town.

 

Ridi: *growns*

 

Skyru: Shh, it’s OK Ridi. You’re going to be fine.

 

Ridi: …R..Run…

 

Athena: Hm?

 

*Alarm goes off, door closing sound*

 

Aile: Uh, girls, I don’t think this should be happening.

 

Skyru: It’s a trap!

 

Mt Aine; Skyscratcher takes off

 

Neo: What?

 

Alex: Ah, yes. Right on time!

 

Neo: What did you do?!

 

*Alex throws bomb, Neo is knocked down, Alex boards skyscratcher*

 

Alex: I look forward to seeing what you will accomplish with my sword now that you know your friend’s deaths will be on your hands!

 

Neo: Alexander!

 

*Alex laughs as the ship departs without Neo*

 

Neo: I will find you, Alexander! I WILL FIND YOU! *catches breath* Wait, didn’t he say he came on a…private jet? God, I hope he wasn’t bluffing!

 

***Intro, Run with Us (Steve Lunt)***

 

One month later; Clairfield City; Dungeon/Race to the Finish; Gorus, Weasly, Kay, Kim, Opal, and Croc

 

Gorus: Good morning, scum.

 

Weasly: Time for the best show on television! *turns monitor on*

 

Geckon, narrates: It’s time for Good Morning, Clairfield!

 

Opal: As if morning television couldn’t get any worse…

 

Kay: At least when they took over TV, they shut down that racist Fox News Network.

 

Weasly: How mature of you…

 

Kay: I’m depressed, sue me.

 

Clairfield City; The former Buzz studio/Saffron City; Geckon, Tyrone, and Sally

 

Geckon: But first, a news update. The notorious War Goddess, Athena, and her consorts have been incarcerated at the secret 13 Nebula base. Including the deserters R and Rex, hunter Aile the Red, and Skyru…

 

Tyrone: Wait for it….

 

Geckon: I don’t know, some blue girl with a silly name?

 

Sally: …And there it is…

 

Tyrone: Why was that a running gag again?

 

Dungeon/Race to the Finish

 

Opal: Aile…

 

Croc: I still can’t get over Geckon’s betrayal!

 

Kim: To be fair, it is his duty to serve the royal family.

 

Croc: That’s not what bugs me. I’ve worked with Geckon for many years, but I’d never think that the hyper-active man I seen him as was just a phony facade.

 

Geckon: The disgraceful Neo, wielder of the mighty Reycralibur, remains at large. He is believed to be somewhere in the Terra kingdom.

 

Gorus: If he knows what’s good for him, he will stay in hiding.

 

Weasly: Not before we reclaim Reycralibur, at least.

 

Gorus: Good point.

 

Geckon: That’s the news for now, back to you two in the lounge. So cute.

 

Tyrone: Don’t go into the news room at the end of the show.

 

Sally: Why not?

 

Tyrone: Because I’m gonna leave a mouse trap on his desk.

 

*camera lights come on*

 

Sally: Thanks, Geckon! My guest at this time, the former commanding chief of the Clairfield Knights Oran City branch, Samuel!

 

Samuel: Thanks. Great to be here.

 

Sally: So, how’s the new crossing guard job treating ya?

 

Samuel: Not very good. It’s nice to see the children’s smiling faces every morning, but I’m starting to think people are actively trying to run me over with their cars.

 

Gorus: I would have totally hit him he would just sit still! Say, Weasly, you have good accuracy. What’s your secret?

 

Weasly: The first step is to know your enemy and what they’re capable of. Once you’ve established that, the rest is a breeze.

 

Gorus: I’d expect nothing less from someone who single handily took out a telepath.

 

Opal: !!

 

Croc: Easy girl. Good things come to those who wait.

 

Kay: After all these rewrites and cancellations, they’d better.

 

Croc: I’m getting really sick of these meta-jokes.

 

***

 

Outside 13th Nebula base/Kirby Beta 1; Neo

 

Neo: No need to ring the doorbell. I can’t let him know that I’m here..., yet.

 

Training room, Nebula base; Aile, Skyru, Athena.

 

Intercom: Begin training exercise.

 

Aile: Ahh! Finally, another chance to stretch my legs!

 

Skyru: Yeah, I got a lot of stress to work off.

 

Athena: *notices opponents* Oh no…

 

*Aile/Skyru gasp, Brainwashed Ridi and Rex enter*

 

Athena: I knew it! I just knew they would pull this! They’ve been brainwashed!

 

Skyru: So, this is why we haven’t seen Ridi or Rex in months? That’s awful!

 

Aile: Well, there goes my buzz…

 

Skyru: …Wait, we might be able to use this to our advantage.

 

Athena: How so?

 

Skyru: Aile, follow my lead!

 

Command room; Alexander

 

Alex: Run transmission. *cameras on* Greetings world. I am your supreme leader, King Alexander with your monthly State of the Nation. *Sequential montage shot of every location and every character in the series*

 

Training room, Nebula base; Aile, Skyru, Athena.

 

Battle: Kirby vs Fox; Link vs Yoshi

 

Skyru: Sorry to do this! *grab/probes Ridi’s mind*

 

Aile: I’m a little rusty, this might hurt a bit! *grab/probes Rex’s mind*

 

Skryu: Aim for the cameras! *standing suplex on Ridi*

 

*Aile chain kicks Rex into the cameras*

 

Intercom: Security Breach

 

Command room; Alexander

 

Alex: What fresh hell is this? *camera follows Alexander*

 

Lobby; Neo

 

Neo: What? I didn’t think they’d find me this fast!

 

Training room, Nebula base; Aile, Skyru, Athena, Ridi, Rex

 

Skyru: Now, we wait…

 

*beat*

 

Neo: What’s going on in here?

 

Aile: GET THAT MOTHERTRUCKER! *Aile and Skyru gang up on Neo*

 

Athena: HANG ON! That’s…

 

Neo: Skyru!

 

Skyru: Neo!

 

*insert glomping animation here*

 

Athena: Thank goodness, you’re still alive!

 

Aile: Yeah, you had me worried sick! I’m supposed to be the one to do that!

 

Neo: Hold that thought. *throws boomerang, shuts off alarm* Sorry to keep you waiting.

 

***

 

Main Lobby/Hyrule Temple; Neo, Skryu, Ridi, Aile, Athena, Rex

 

Neo: The hangers are up ahead. I’ll provide a distraction, so take Ridi and Rex and get out of here.

 

Skyru: I’m not leaving here without you. This time, we’re going back together!

 

Alex: So you believe!

 

*Alexander appears with drones and battalion knights*

 

Neo: Go!

 

*Girls leave with Ridi and Rex, drones attack*

 

Neo: Henshin! *transforms into super form*

 

*battle montage, Bomberman DS boss music*

 

Alex: Yes, yes. Let’s see how long you can last…

 

Ship/Race to the Finish; Skyru, Aile, Athena, Ridi, Rex

 

Athena: So just to be clear, we’re not abandoning him?

 

Aile: Nope.

 

Skyru: But if I’m not back in less than an hour, you’re going to have to take off without me!

 

Aile: That’s a very strong if!

 

Skyru: You know it is! *departs*

 

Athena: …Hey! Where did Ridi go?!

 

Clairfield City; The former Buzz studio/Saffron City; Tyrone, and Sally

 

Tyrone, backstage: Sally! Turn to the royal feed! You’re not going to believe this!

 

Sally, on-stage: We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming for a special broadcast! *feed switches* Oh my god!

 

*battle montage continues, camera broadcasts to the world*

 

Clairfield City; Dungeon/Race to the Finish; Kay, Kim, Opal, Croc, Samuel

 

Opal: That’s-!

 

Kay: Well, look who it is!

 

Kim: Finally, something good to watch!

 

Croc: …Neo?

 

Main Lobby/Hyrule Temple; Neo

 

*Second wave appears*

 

Neo: Don’t you…ever?

 

Alex: You may wield Reycralibur, but you are still human. My battalion can last for days! Can you? *turns to leave* Keep the camera rolling. This will serve as a reminder that even with Reycralibur, no one can defeat me!

 

Neo: Get…back…here…!

 

*Knight knocks down Neo*

 

Skyru: MINE! *sends knight flying*

 

Neo: Skyru…?

 

Skyru: Don’t act surprised! I said I wasn’t leaving without you this time!

 

Ridi: Couldn’t have said it better myself! *attacks knight*

 

Skyru: Ridi!

 

Ridi: It’s been over a month, and I could really use a workout!

 

Neo: Ridi…

 

Ridi: Take a rest, partner. This one is on me!

 

Skyru: You mean US!

 

Ridi: Hm? Think you can keep up?

 

Skyru: That’s what I should be asking you!

 

*battle montage, SC battle theme/intro, Metal Man appears*

 

Ridi: We haven’t formally met before, have we? *attacks Metal Man* My friends call me Ridi! *sends Metal Man flying*

 

Ridi/Skyru: WHO’S NEXT!

 

Neo: Thanks guys.

 

Skyru: All for one…

 

Ridi: …And one for all. Now let’s find Alexander!

 

***

 

Clairfield City; The former Buzz studio/Saffron City; Tyrone, and Sally

 

Sally: …Oh. My. God.

 

*both look at each other and smile*

 

Tyrone/Sally: DISRESPECT YOUR SURROUNDINGS! *starts riot*

 

*Sally and Tyrone riot*

 

Clairfield City; Dungeon/Race to the Finish; Kay, Kim, Opal, Croc, Samuel

 

Croc: I think they’ve gone feral

 

Opal: Maybe, but they got the right idea!

 

Kim: YEAH!

 

Kim/Kay: RIOT!

 

*prison riot starts*

 

Clairfield City; The former Buzz studio/Saffron City

 

Geckon: Would you two knock it off? We’re going to get fired if you keep this up!

 

Sally: I’ll show you fire! *uses Fire Flower on Geckon*

 

Clairfield City; Dungeon/Race to the Finish

 

Weasly: Everybody back in your cells!

 

Opal: Hey, guard! Look at the ground!

 

Weasly: I am NOT falling for that cheap gag again!

 

Samuel, from behind: You really should have. *knocks Weasly into cell*

 

Weasly: CURSE IT ALL!

 

Croc: Sir!

 

Samuel: I heard there was a prison riot and I thought I’d join in!

 

Kay: Then let’s hit the streets!

 

*Gorus appears*

 

Gorus: Not so fast! As long as I’m here, order shall be-! *Gets knocked out by Samuel*

 

Samuel: You clearly don’t know the concept of a riot, Sir. To the streets!

 

*everyone cheers*

 

***

 

Outside the base; Alexander, Neo, Ridi, Skyru

 

*Alex stands alone*

 

Neo: Alexander!

 

*Neo, Ridi, and Skyru appear*

 

Alex: I’m afraid it’s too late.

 

Ridi: It’s never too late!

 

Skyru: It’s time to write the final chapter in the “Legend of the Miracle Beam”: the one where we kick your ass!

 

Alex: Oh, it will be the final chapter all right, for you! *takes item*

 

Neo: What is that?

 

Alex: I have perfected the Battalion’s super-serum, and I just became its newest test subject. Now witness! *chest pain* Wha-? What’s happening?

 

Skyru: I don’t think it’s supposed to do that…

 

Ridi: It’s not. Alexander messed up the formula, and now he’s mutating! *to Alex* Foolish man, you’ve just thrown away your own life!

 

*Alex screams, transforms into Master Hand*

 

*beat*

 

Neo/Skyru/Ridi: Typical…

 

Skyru: This cliche adventure story just jumped its last shark!

 

Ridi: …And there will be no sequel hooks this time!

 

Neo: Let’s finish this!

 

Battle: Link/Kirby/Fox vs Master Hand *SA Event music plays*

 

Neo: You want Reycralibur so bad? Here it is!

 

Neo/Skyru/Ridi: HASTA LA VISA, SUCKER!

 

*Neo throws Reycralibur at Alex, Alex explodes, Neo, Ridi, Skyru shield break*

 

Ridi: Game…Set!

 

*Aile and Athena arrive*

 

Aile: You did it! You’ve saved the world!

 

Athena: …And the world was watching the whole time!

 

*Athena points to camera, celebration montage*

 

Skyru: Wha? Really! Oh, I really hope they caught my good side!

 

*Neo picks up Reycralibur*

 

Neo: I can’t help but feel like we’re missing something…

 

*earthquake*

 

Neo: Oh, right. The evil base always collapses at the end.

 

Ridi: You had to jinx it, didn’t you?

 

Skyru: It’s an avalanche, Run!

 

Inside Base

 

Aile: No, that was the path to the hanger!

 

Athena: There’s no way out!

 

Skyru: Oh, I know one way out!

 

Everyone else: …Uh-Oh!

 

*camera loses feed*

 

Clairfield City; The former Buzz studio/Saffron City; Tyrone, and Sally

 

Sally: Oh no, we’ve lost the feed!

 

Tyrone: They’re going to have one of those heroic sacrifice moments, aren’t they?

 

***

Oran City; Neo’s house

 

*everyone teleports in*

 

Ridi: Well, that was fun!

 

Neo: Where’s Skyru? *notices Skyru on the other side of the stage* Skyru, are you OK?

 

Skyru: Wha? Skyru? That’s a silly name…

 

Athena: Oh no, she’s lost her memories again…

 

Skryu: I’m pretty sure my name is Artemis. *smiles*

 

*Cue Everyone laughs ending*

 

***

 

Epilogue Montage, Freezeman’s Stage music plays

 

Geckon goes into prison with Weasly and Gorus as Samuel and Croc look on

 

Opal holds funeral for Betal

 

Kay and Kim depart with Rex

 

Tyrone and Sally kick off Buzz World

 

Tyrone: Good Morning, Clairfield! Welcome to another edition of Buzz World! I’m Tyrone…!

 

Sally: …and I’m Sally! On today’s show, we’ll continue to interview survivors of the Triangle Insurrection and celebrate our freedom.

 

Tyrone: But first, this!

 

Oran City Square/Hyrule Castle

 

Neo: So where will you girls be headed?

 

Skyru: Back to Terra. We could really use some downtime!

 

Athena: But first I’m going to bury Reycralibur someplace where no one will find it.

 

Aile: Well, I actually won’t be returning to Terra just yet! The world is still restless after the war. Now more than ever, business will be booming for mercenaries and bounty hunters. Opal and I will be quite busy. *turns to audience* “Wink, wink.”

 

Ridi: So will I. I think I’m ready to be a bounty hunter full time. What about you, Neo? You think you’re ready to become a Clairfield Knight after all that’s happened?

 

Neo: Someone needs to help bring the knights back to their former glory, it might as well be one of the guys who stopped Alexander.

 

Skyru: I’ll be rooting for you!

 

Neo: Thanks, Skyru. Er, I mean, “Artemis”.

 

Skyru: It’s fine, my friends call me Skyru.

 

Ridi: I can’t believe I’m saying this out loud, but I’m going to miss you guys.

 

Skyru: You guys had better stay in touch!

 

Neo: Don’t worry, we will. …Well, I guess this is goodbye…

 

Neo/Skyru/Ridi: *Turns to audience* For now!

 

***credits, Run with Us (Lisa Lougheed, 2nd verse)***


Popular Posts