WE ARE ALL DEVIANTS | October 2020 Update

I just can't tease anything without it becoming premature. I've been teasing my retirement from long-form Super Smash Bros machinima series for months now. However...


I get the feeling that THIS won't be a one and done thing. Nonetheless, outside of wherever THIS will take me (ha), I do intend to move on from Smash 4 once I finish New Super Smash Sisters for Wii U: NS3U; more on that later. I bet you're wondering what THIS is exactly. Well, so am I. THIS was the product of months and months of planning and rewrites, on top of all the personal crap I've been going through this year and I honestly have no idea how I ended up here. At some point, I simply decided to turn off my brain, follow my urges, and let my daydreams take over from there.

I don't know how many times I've cited Garry's Mod and Source Filmmaker machinima as the chief inspiration for what I've been trying to do in Smash 4, but feel free to blame the SMG4's, Geoff's, and Spider's (with a side order of Shadow in the case of this video) in the GMOD and Mario blooper community for the basis of this video. I've always wanted to break away from the serialized nature of modern Smash Bros machinima and adopt a more freeform, non-linear approach. That's where Smash Sisters: The Series comes into play.

As a meta-series, Smash Sisters encompasses ALL of the female-centric machinima I upload to Speedy149U, regardless of whether they tie into the overarching story of the Super Smash Sisters: Great Mission mini-series and NS3U or not. These videos are not supposed to share the same continuity. To reference NS3U, the characters you see in those videos "all live in just one of many Dairantou’s in the multiverse", meaning the characters you see in NS3U might not be the same versions you saw in, for example, "Night of the Living Me!Me!Me!"

However, NS3U is a sequel to the Great Mission miniseries that also acts as a crossover with all of my 2017 videos, including Icecapades and Night. And coming off Stage 6, we now have the addition of the Smash Sisters pilot video from all the way back in 2016, which was only supposed to be a one-off! The supposedly confusing chronology of Kingdom Hearts ain't got shit on what NS3U has become!

Thankfully, whatever THIS is and what it becomes in the future will have nothing to do with NS3U, let alone Smash Sisters: The Series as a whole. Though THIS may in fact become something on the same scale as NS3U; I hope not! I'm supposed to be done with long-form machinima series after NS3U. I'm still trying to bring closure to that other show from half a decade ago, and I haven't been able to focus on that because of THIS video. 

By-the-way, "season two is coming at the end of the month" is what I would say if I was trying to jinx myself again. From now on, I'm keeping my yap shut on what I'm doing versus what will actually be released soon with these update posts. But yes, the Reycralibur season two marathon commentary is coming very soon. If you were with me since the beginning (DOUBT IT!), I hope you look forward to the day of its release. You might be surprised at what you'll find.

Now, to talk about what's happening with NS3U. Voice lines. That's why the final episodes are taking so long. We are in need of a new Female Corrin, and I've been meaning to post a casting call months ago before life, depression, and THIS VIDEO got in my way. 

That, and if I have to do be told by Casting Call Club that my previous work has no "quality" one more time... 

Anyways, don't expect any new NS3U releases until next year, but do expect the rest of the videos I've teased back in September; including a follow-up to whatever it is I've just uploaded. As I'm typing this, I'm attempting to do "something" with my computer and these forthcoming releases could be very well be the last you'll see on this channel until next year.

Oh, and the Pizza. There will be pizza.

Popular Posts