Fall 2019 Update

As I'm typing this out, I have almost finished NS3U, stage 5 and I'm halfway done writing the series finale. I'm also at my lowest point mentally, hence the lack of blog updates, but I'll save that for my therapist.

So, confession time. We ran into some more "casting troubles" during production and because of that, it took longer than usual for me to get all the lines for the episode. Other then that, the blame is on me. I originally had a lot of stuff planned when I was writing this episode and I was hoping the modding scene in Smash 4 would have developed to the point where I can bring those ideas to life. Of course, that wasn't the case. I wouldn't be surprised if the community already abandoned the game after Super Smash Bros Ultimate came out.

I tried to make do with what I had, but coupled with issues I was going through in my personal life, I've all but lost my passion to do anything. I've already accomplished everything I've set out to do in Smash 4 machinima and I feel like I'm past my prime at this point. As I've said in the last update, the final stage in NS3U will be the grand finale to the entire Great Mission/The Series/Whatever, but I'll also be retiring from serialized series once I've finished it. I REALLY want to do more standalone videos and comedic skits, but I've spent so much time on NS3U this summer that I never got the chance.

Now just because I'm done with machinima series, doesn't mean I'm retiring from machinima, nor that I'm finished with Smash Sisters. Far from it. I have big plans for my Ultimate debut, but it's going to be a long wait.

I've already sent out the scripts for the next three installments of NS3U and I've gotten back enough lines that I can jump to the next episode after I finish stage 5. Filming-wise, I'm going to go back to basics with these last 3 episodes so I can get them out of the way faster. I hope to have the next episode done before the end of the year.

In the meantime, if you are in need of your fix, check out my machinima group: The new and totally not at all improved Smashing XIII. I think you might enjoy what our newest members have been doing.

Popular Posts