The Shadowsiders Cometh - Feburary 2021 Report

And we're off.

I'm honestly surprised that the "Shadowsiders" name wasn't taken by anyone inside our humble machinima community. Surely there must have been a machinima with a title that reeks of the same "fanfic written by a high schooler" vibes like "Shadowsiders" that existed before. Right? 

But yes, Shadowsiders is the official name of the "We Are All Deviants" machinima project.

The first machinima short in this series is both a return and a departure for me. I have done machinima with subtitles before, but never with sound bytes to accompany the text. I know it would have been "better" to have voice actors, and I'm open to include that in later installments (as long as I'm not one of the actors), but it would be best to leave Shadowsiders as a solo project given its "adult" nature. 

Like I've said before, Shadowsiders has no story arc and no roadmap. Maybe a few two-parters or mini-series here and a callback there, but nothing too canon heavy. I've already developed the next installment in the series: a full-length prequel reintroducing our favorite sorceress and her harem of animu waifus. I'm hesitant to go all in on this project because I feel it would be redundant doing another prequel after one-and-a-half music videos of lore when this isn't even supposed to be that kind of series. I'll get back to you on this later.

In the meantime, as I'm typing this, I'm finally going through with a big change to my computer: I'm moving my files to a new cloud host. This upgrade requires my full attention and all the bandwidth and USB ports that I can spare, so I'll be on a something of a hiatus for a few days. I'll try to work on new machinima whenever I can, but I wanna get this upgrade over with so I can actually upload more videos (and maybe finish NS3U) this year.

And so, I'll just hang my "Do Not Disturb" sign here.



Popular Posts