January 2021 Report

So, a few weeks ago, Smashing XIII celebrated two years of not being dead. I did some skits to mark the occasion and, hopefully, I'll never again have to do any more voice acting. The next order of business is to finish up a video that was supposed to be released this month but will mostly likely be released in February. 

Now for the real reason you even bother to read this post: NS3U. I'm going to move ahead to the full release of Stage 7; bringing together all three segments that I've released in 2020, plus the final two segments yet to be released. I still don't have the remaining voice lines, so I haven't finished editing the rest of the episode. When the episode is ready to be released, you'll know. I'm also waiting on the remaining lines for the final episode, which I'll get to work on as soon as Stage 7 is complete.

Moving on to something I can work on. As I'm typing this, I've decided that music videos should be the core content of the "We Are All Deviants" project. I personally think the best stories don't need spoken dialogue; great storytelling is simple, straightforward, and lets other elements (such as music and atmosphere) do the talking. Any dialog I could write for this machinima would come across as "edgy" or "cringy" (and not the good kind of cringe), so it's better to let the sounds of unknown artists who deserve more exposure than I do the talking. The only challenges that I face in doing these songs justice are the limitations of Smash 4, its mods, and my own skill set. 

And no, I can't simply switch over to Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Try finding matching equivalents to all the skins, maps, and textures that I use in Smash Bros for Wii U on Gamebanana; texture hacks for Ultimate that look exactly like God Eater, Ethel, Veran, ME!ME!ME!, or even my personal texture. Go ahead. I'll wait. 

For 2021, expect to see a lot of music videos from me. I also really want to do more "Sisters on Crack" videos. I haven't done those since 2018, and I miss doing them, but I've been so focused on completing NS3U that I haven't had the time to do anything else except stupid filler videos. I can't reveal what else I have planned, but I hope I can share that with you before the year ends...

...And not in a blog post.

Popular Posts