The Story of Reycralibur, part 2 (The Reycralibur Requiem Project)

 


I took some time off after the release of episode 7. Too much time off. Over a year later, season 2 was off and running. This time around, I tried to release episodes bi-monthly, but due to technical issues and lazyness, I ended up only releasing three episodes in year one, and the rest of the series (Season 2B) the following year. I was becoming disillusioned with the direction the series was headed and, coupled with the low viewership, desired to move on to other projects. Reycralibur's tone gets darker this season, in-part because of my apathy.

Throughout the season's run, I started doing other videos, anything that would get my channel noticed. I've done YTP, abridged parodies, a short lived Brawl machinima, and another attempted reboot of Reycralibur. 

Said reboot was Aile x Opal, in-which I revisited my favorite elements from Reycralibur while starting over from scratch. The eponymous characters, respectively introduced in episodes 3 and 5, were a duo of bounty hunters in Trevor Gulch. The series would focus on them doing bounty hunter stuff while also running Croc's corner shop. The overarching story would find the two in conflict with Mercenary Kay and other rival hunters. As intriguing as this setup was, I just couldn't bring myself to abandon Reycralibur.

Just when I finally gained enough motivation to continue the series, I somehow ended up losing all the necessary texture packs. I was reliant on portable hard drives to store everything because I could never afford a computer with decent storage, but I was so reckless and irresponsible that I took these drives everywhere I went. So one day, I lost my portable hard drives, and with them, all the files I needed to complete the series. And for all the brilliance Smash 64 modders had, they were utterly terrible at sharing these files. To my knowledge, these texture packs were lost to the web when Megaupload was shuttered. 

I was unable to continue the series without my textures and, knowing no one was watching the series to begin with, I quietly cancelled Reycralibur for good...


Popular Posts