Friday, 3 July 2015

Post-Episode Update (July 2015)

So I've decided to try my hand at Brawl Machinima again this summer. The reason I haven't made any in years was because of issues I'd rather not talk about, but it does involve a lot of money and lot of software/hardware issues.

As reliable as my Dazzle used to be, it won't work on my Windows 7 computer. Windows XP maybe, but it's absolutely useless here. Seriously, It works when it feels like it. Also, I can not figure out why VirtualDub keeps messing up my footage, so fuck it. It's the only capture software that works with the Dazzle, and it won't work either. Maybe it's a compatibility issue, maybe my computer is a piece of shit, I don't know and I don't care anymore! I'm done.

You'd think I'd be better off with my Hauppauge PVR, but no. I prefer to use Vegas Pro for editing, but it doesn't work with MP4 files so I tried converting them to WMV. Even then, editing footage is a bitch, because the quality is too high for my shit to handle it. I should have tried another format but, aside from WMV, there aren't a lot of formats Vegas can work with. Capturing footage is easy but, as I learned from SpeedyJuex, sometimes the PVR "hiccups" while I'm capturing. End result? THIS!

So, I stayed away from the console arena and stuck to SSB64 machinima and YTP. But now, I'm ready to give it another try. I've set up my Wii U for soft-modding, and I still have my GameCube controllers. All I need is a GameCube adapter. Maybe, I'll bring back Typhoon School or work on something entirely new. I don't know and it's too soon to tell. But, one thing I can promise, it won't get in the way of Aile x Opal.

That's was another issue; I've been so focused on Brawl machinima, I couldn't devote time for Reycralibur. That won't be a problem anymore. I can't use the Wii U all the time, so in the interim, I'll work on AxO. Then, when I actually have an idea for it, I'll work on a Brawl machinima. Speaking of AxO, I just finished episode one, so I don't have much for episode two. However, since I now have some free time, I can work on the intro sequence...when I have an idea for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.