Monday, 16 March 2015

Shomi vs CraveTV

OH HELL NO! You really think I didn't notice THIS bullcrap?

I'll save you the trouble. I'm not going to be the bottom line that decides which is the better service and, really, I don't need to rant about this. Half of the nation has already done that for me! Netflix didn't. Crackle didn't. Even Hulu with all it's flack didn't. Don't do it: DON'T GATE YOUR SHIT BEHIND CABLE SUBSCRIPTIONS!

I will say this, Shomi has much better offerings (*cough*TeenTitans*cough*) and at least Shaw has hinted that Shomi's cable crap was due to it being in beta. Yeah, that's right. a Beta. As in, Shomi wasn't finished before it was advertised and now cable subscribers are being used as the guinea-pigs. But CraveTV, in true Bell Media fashion, is offered only to Fibe and satellite subscriptions. There's a reason why I always talk shit about these scumbags, and they just gave you one of them.

But wait, there's more! Saving face, the CRTC is cutting a dirty deal with Bell, Rogers and Shaw. If they offer Shomi and CraveTV as standalone services, they will given more relaxed regulations. They don't have to contribute funds to Canadian programming, they can offer exclusive content, and they can kick all the puppies they want. In other words, Diplomatic Immunity! ...Actually, I have no idea what that means, I just wanted to say that.

I think the cord cutters are on the verge of victory! ...So why do I feel so bad? Maybe, because Canada's broadcast regulations are so broken, and vertically integrated companies so corrupt, that we had to protest to fix what should have never been broken. It's moments like this where I envy the Americans. So much diversity (*cough*ElReyNetwork*cough*), so little crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.